If you’re a frequent WhatsApp user and you are running out of space on your iPhone or iPad, you may probably have noticed that WhatsApp data and cache can take up a considerable amount of storage space on an iPhone, iPad. WhatsApp is popular and anyone I know who uses it, usually has at least 10 to 15 group chats they are part of. With all those chats, they have tons of shared videos and pictures, which add up to a lot of space. Even if you disable the option of saving media to your camera roll, WhatsApp still can take up several GBs easily.
Files shared through WhatsApp are usually saved in the iPhone storage space and WhatsApp as caches. These files can accumulate within months of purchasing your iPhone to end up occupying your iPhone's storage space. This is true for people who always share and receive voice note, documents, videos, photos and audio files through WhatsApp on iPhone. Thus it’s reasonable if some users will want to clear out WhatsApp cache and data to free up storage space on their device. This article will show you how to clear WhatsApp caches on iPhone.
2 Ways to Clear WhatsApp Cache on iPhone
Method 1. Manually Clear WhatsApp Caches iPhone
Assuming that your iPhone is set to automatically backup your WhatsApp chats, documents, videos, audios, voice notes, and photos to iCloud, and you need a fast and easy way to clear up WhatsApp caches in your iPhone in order to regain your storage space back.
Then, the fastest way of achieving this is by uninstalling your WhatsApp, this process will delete your WhatsApp account and the related cached contents.
And you also can delete the conversation one by one by following steps:
- Open WhatsApp and tap on "Settings" (found in the corner of the app)
- Locate and tap on "Data and Storage Usage"
- Scroll down to find and choose "Storage Usage"
- Here you will find a list of conversations and threads, along with the total storage size of each thread, tap on any of these contacts thread/conversation to take action on that particular conversations data
- Scroll through the list of details about the conversation with that contact (showing Photos, GIFs, Videos, Voice Messages, Documents, Stickers, etc, total counts, and storage size) and then tap on “Manage”
- Tap on the types of data you want to clear and remove, or select them all, then tap on “Clear”
- Confirm that you wish to delete that data from WhatsApp by tapping again on “Clear”
- Repeat with other contacts and conversation threads as desired
Method 2. Use A Professional Tool to Clean Caches
Instead of manually cleaning the caches, we recommend to use a professional tool like PanFone iOS Eraser, which is a reliable software to erase data from iPhone, iPad, iPod completely with nothing recoverable. It can wipe off photos, contacts, messages, call history, browsing data, etc. with 0% recovery. It also can erase deleted files and private fragments with no chance to recover. Supports all iOS devices running iOS 7 and above (including iPhone 12). It brings your private secure especially when you want to sell, recycle or donate your iPhone.
Note: Before you clear WhatsApp caches on iPhone, you'd better back up WhatsApp data on the iPhone to a safe and secure location. PanFone WhatsApp Transfer is such a nice solution to back up WhatsApp messages and attachments from iPhone to computer. You can restore the WhatsApp backups to your phone anytime you want.
Clear WhatsApp Caches by PanFone
Step 1 : Download PanFone iOS Eraser and install it.
Step 2 : Launch the program and connect your iOS device with PC.
Step 3 : Click "Free Up Space" and tab "Quick Scan" on the right panel.
Step 3 : When the scan finished, you will see a result list of scan. It lists all the removable files on this iPhone.
Step 4 : Click the Clean beside "Junk Files" and "Temporary Files".
Step 5 : Make sure of the deletion. The cache of WhatsApp is cleared completely.
The above are two ways to clear the cache of WhatsApp on iPhone. Comparing them, obviously the second one is easy and efficient to clear the cache completely. Try PanFone iOS Eraser now!
PanFone WhatsApp Transfer is one of the most reliable and professional tools that you can use to copy your WhatsApp chat history from iOS to Android, Android to iOS, Android to Android, iOS to iOS. What's more, you can back up WhatsApp data, including messages, photos, videos, audios, and more.
PanFone WhatsApp Transfer
A one-click solution for you to selectively back up, restore and
transfer WhatsApp data.
- Transfer WhatsApp data between Android and iOS devices.
- Back up WhatsApp chats, photos, videos, attachments, etc.
on iPhone/iPad/Android to the computer.
- Export WhatsApp backups to the computer in HTML and
- Restore WhatsApp backups to iOS/Android devices.
Download PanFone WhatsApp Transfer: